Monday, January 2, 2012

Crush on 2012 | Photography Challenge

Happy New Year! 
To welcome 2012 into our lives, I want to kick-start the year with a photography challenge. The members on our Facebook page voted for SOUL to be the theme. I think this is a fitting choice for this time of renew and promise. A time to revisit ourselves deeply in order to reinvent ourselves creatively as well as to reshape our priorities and values in order to live our best possible life.  


In 2012, I will focus on our theme word {SOUL}:
- As I photograph my last family sessions in 2012. 
- As I focus on "the art of the individual" in front of my camera (afterall, my slogan has been "the art & individuality of you" for over a decade).
- As I (re)discover my growing family.
- As I help to guide and teach the children within my classrooms. 


What To Do
Email 1 or 2 {SOUL} photos to skye@skyesnyder.com. They will be posted with your name and title of your image in a Facebook album for all our members to enjoy. You must tag your image in order for the image to be considered for the grand prize.




Due Date


Images will be posted to the album as they come in until Jan 31st, 2012. The winner will be chosen Feb 1st, 2012. That should make for a nice Valentine's {soul} gift for yourself! 



How Do I Win?
This is not a "most votes = winner" type of competition. The likes and comments will help me pick the finalists, but are not necessary to be chosen as the winner. We need at least 10 participants for the contest to be open for prizes.Ultimately, the winner will be selected by me. Of course, we love lots of activity on our page, so we encourage everyone to ask your friends and family to check out our page and like your images. Leave some comments for other participants. It won't lessen your chances to win--it will make for a more soulful experience as we explore this theme together. 


What Do I Win?
You have a choice! 
1) A complimentary photography session during the April 28th mini sessions + five images on disk from our session together.
OR
2) A one-on-one mentor session with me on...
   A) How to Find the Light for natural portrait photography 
   OR
   B) A Photo 101 on how to use that new DSLR that Santa brought
      you. 
   OR
   C) A signed, unframed 16x20 Skye Snyder photographic print  
      from Skye's landscape collection.


I am so excited to see your images--your interpretation of {SOUL}.
{happiness}
skye 
This is my first soul picture of a series...
The Marley Bear



No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts and leave a comment...