Sunday, December 12, 2010

Crushing Cancer with the American Cancer Society

I don't get to photograph for personal reasons much, but when I do it's the Nevada skies and landscapes that I escape to. This is one of my favorite landscapes of 2010.
DO NOT COPY, PRINT, OR SCAN. PROTECTED BY US COPYRIGHT LAWS
LEGAL PROPERTY OF SKYE SNYDER PHOTOGRAPHY

I was driving east after a shoot in Lake Tahoe -- cool alpine light turning warmer as I hit the Reno city limits. I love being in the Sierra Nevadas but I prefer to photograph -or more accurately- experience the desert. The desert evokes my better self- a more spiritual, thoughtful, and compassionate me.  The shadows,  the colors, the light on the golden sunburned grasses soothe me. Somehow this photo makes me feel like everything is going to be all right.
Because of that,  I chose to donate it in the American Cancer Society's silent auction in Fallon, Nevada. The Relay for Life Kick-Off Dinner & Fundraiser is January 14th, 2011.  This signed, framed (16x20) print (11x14) Skye Snyder Photography Artist Collection Photograph has been donated to the event and can be bid on during their auction. Donations to support cancer research and patients can be made through this link.
A special "thank you" to Heather Walker for purchasing and donating the gorgeous wood frame to encourage a higher donation for the cause.

A special "thank you" to Melody Nixon, a volunteer of the American Cancer Society and Race For Life Sponsor Chair, for contacting us and including our art in this auction. 

Because...everything's gonna be alright. 
Which makes me think of Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds". Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts and leave a comment...