Sunday, February 16, 2014

Crush on T R A N S F O R M A T I O N | Week 6 Photo Project | Reno Photographer

I didn't want this theme to end. A week simply wasn't long enough for me to explore transformation. My ideas needed a much longer window to complete the project as I wanted to photograph transformation over time, not a makeover/under kind of change. My journal is filled with many more ideas than it had before. Ideas that I'll visit as the year unfolds. To play a little longer with this, I decided to do a subject instead of a theme for week 7--a little lighter while we play around with the heavier topics. Week 7 will be L A N D S C A P E.

Here are my first ideas for T R A N S F O R M A T I O N | Week 6

It has been through photography that I have been able to process the death of my mother--looking at the beauty of life and death, of youth and maturity, of patterns, repetitions, and the inevitable breaking of them--the transformation. 

While photographing, I found myself looking at the divine design of them. The beauty in all stages. Not preferring one over the other. They remind me of Hermann Rorschach's inkblot personality tests of the 60's which in turn brought me to Da Vinci's encouragement to embrace the cryptic to help better interpret our lives/deaths. The flowers are from a condolence bouquet. The sympathy cards and flowers we received have been unexpectedly healing. I'm so grateful for them. They are transformative. 
placed in the garden and now it's time to wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts and leave a comment...