Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crush on Teachers | Winner of The Recognize Campaign

At Skye Snyder Photography, we are so very grateful for the hardworking, dedicated, and inspiring teachers that are at the helm guiding our children each and every school day. Every day we offer teachers 20% off our services as a small thank you but we wanted to add something else. This past year has been difficult on the Washoe County School District with severe budget cuts to the educational system.  We wanted to offer a glean of light onto a dismal situation. We began our Recognize Campaign to let teachers know how much we love them and so did the community on our Facebook page.  For weeks, parent and students, past and present, nominated and wrote on our wall about their amazing teachers.  All the teachers' names went into a hat, and Mr. Chris Case (aka Herr Case), the German teacher at McQueen High won the campaign and a complimentary session on us.
UNR is a special place for the Case family; graduates and married in the very same grassy area that we were returning to with his twins and beautiful wife. When the family arrived, serendipity did too. I knew the twins. I had seen them walk by our house as kindergardeners. My husband and I were expecting our first baby and would get a little gushy as to how darn cute they were. As you can see, they still have that cute appeal. A few years later, I was their SHARE (Sexuality, Health, and Responsibility Education) teacher. I never met Mom and Dad until now. Teaches me to say hello to the neighbors more. You may never know the inspiration that lives on the same block with you. Thank you for making our schools, our community better. 

I've added the words of the students as they shared them on our facebook wall. 
"He was the teacher that made me passionate about languages and foreign affairs. His teaching methods have definitely stuck with me and one can tell he loves what he does. Herr Case really connects with his students through his enthusiasm for the subject and his unusual (and fun) means of teaching. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be doing what I do now and I would probably be lost trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life." - Katie

"I don't think I would have a clue what to do with my life if I hadn't taken his class. Herr Case gave me a passion for language and motivated me to keep taking photography and art further. He has inspired me to work hard and be creative" - Caitlyn


"Herr Case was extremely influential...a part of my life as I went through high school. He is fantastic!" - Laryssa
"I miss that guy. Probably the coolest teacher I've had." Victoria
"Herr Case is probably the best teacher to ever teach. He gets all of his students into what he is saying, whether it be about German or not. He is not only a phenomenal foreign language teacher but he knows and supports the arts and psychology. He understands the life of a teenager like no other teacher I have ever met. He takes the time to get to know his students and does truly care. In all my four years of high school, he has only missed one of my shows. He gets talked up a lot by everyone of his current and former students for good reason and he deserves every word of it." - Mandi


To one of the most influential groups of people in our community. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts and leave a comment...