Finding the best crunchable, munchable snacks that won't be the end to my already curvaceous waistline has become stop short of a hobby. The latest is roasted savory and spicy pumpkin seeds. I've made them with and without the shells, straight from the pumpkin and straight from the bulk bins at the local grocery store. Both are delicious!
|shelled, raw, uncooked seeds tossed in seasoning and oil|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Scrape the seeds out of a pumpkin with as little of the pumpkin strands attached as possible. If you buy raw pumpkin seeds expect to pay anywhere between $4-$7 a pound. I've found them at all groceries stores that have a bulk DIY bin section. Try roasting one or two pounds at a time.
- In a mixing bowl combine the following ingredients: olive oil (enough to just coat the seeds but don't drown them), salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Careful with the cayenne. I love the kick but a little goes a long way.
- Spread single layer onto a cookie sheet
- Cook for 45 minutes on 300 degrees
- Munch Time!